CONTRACT for Adoption/Purchase:
***This contract is to protect the pet, the buyer, as well as the seller. Once you receive contract please fill it out, initial, sign and return via email within 3 days. Keep a copy for your records.
Sphynx kitten $ for Pet.
Bambino kitten $ for pet.
Retired Breeder is $ for pet.
Odd eyed kittens or cats, priced on a case by case basis, $. For pet
If kitten is found to be odd eyed prior to delivery, this contract can be revisited by seller including price and /or
Kitten can be kept by Adora Sphynx as a
breeder or show cat and retention of kitten. If so deposit, will be refunded and /or applied to another kitten of your choice at this time or the or in next available litter: $. for pet
*** Please note that we reserve the right to keep any kitten that is later discovered to have odd eyes. If we do decide to adopt out the kitten, the above prices will increase. Breeder may not be able to distinguish the colors of eyes during the first few weeks after birth. If kitten is found to have odd eyes and we do decide to adopt out the kitten, the Buyer will be notified and will be given these options:
1) to purchase said kitten for a higher amount or decline the purchase.
2) If Buyer chooses to decline the purchase, Buyers deposit will be refunded in full or if available can be applied to another available kitten or next available litter.
Adora Sphynx contract for pet purchase
Breeder/ seller: Leta Rogers
PO box 537
Description of Cat / Kitten
Breed: Sphynx or Bambino
Deposit: (applied to pet price) $
Pet Price: $
Optional Transportation, Airlines flight (additional to be paid in full by buyer Minimum 3 weeks prior to delivery to allow for travel and veterinary arrangements ): $
Optional driving delivery $1 per mile (up to 3 hrs. Round trip) : $
Owed at time of Delivery: $ ,cash only cay of delivery/pick up. If PayPal needs to be sent it must include their 3% fee and be sent 3 weeks prior to the scheduled vet date. (buyer Initials)____________
To the Buyer:
Adora sphynx cattery requires a $400 non- refundable deposit to reserve a Sphynx kitten/cat or a $600 non refundable deposit to reserve a bambino or elf kitten or cat. This deposit will go towards the total agreed upon price. If said kitten is returned for any reason there is a $400 fee For a Sphynx and a $600 re-homing fee for a bambino. This is only if the above deposit was not paid. If a deposit was paid then that will be considered the non refundable deposit and there will not be a re-homing fee.
The conditions of this sale are as follows:
(1) The price of the above kitten/cat includes the above US non-refundable deposit due for reservation of kitten/cat. Unless the kitten is a local (less than 60 miles from the Kansas City metro pick up/drop off, the balance shall be paid in full 3 weeks prior to delivery date to allow for an appointment, vet checks, payments to clear, etc. If the cat is flying to its new home, the balance is due three weeks prior to delivery date to allow for veterinary and flight appointments to take place. If it is a local transaction, cash only the day pf delivery is fine.
(2) The seller provides a 72 hours limited guarantee that the above kitten/cat is in good health at the time of purchase. It is the responsibility of the buyer to take the kitten/cat to a licensed veterinarian within this time for a thorough examination. Failure to have the kitten/cat checked by a licensed veterinarian will void guarantee. It is recommended that the kitten/cat be quarantined for a period of 14 days before being introduced to other cats/animals in your household. If the kitten/cat has been determined by a licensed veterinarian, within this 72 hours and this is provided in writing to the seller, to have anything that is genetically wrong with it, the seller will replace it with a kitten of equal value when one becomes available. There will be no money refunded. The seller has the right to have a second opinion by a vet of his/her choice prior to deciding to make the replacement. Transportation and return of the kitten cost and all veterinary costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
Note* Research suggests that over 90% of all cats are carriers for the herpes virus. Adora sphynx and its representatives are not responsible for common illness or accidents or that may happen in the first 72 hrs or after. The 72-hour guarantee is for congenital and life-threatening conditions upon delivery. This virus is airborne, can live on surfaces and is generally thought by veterinarians to cause of the vast majority of cat and kitten common colds. The herpes virus is a common illness, not life-threatening or congenital if treated appropriately by you and your veterinarian. This illness is increased with purebred cats and all cats in general. Some cats/ kittens express the herpes virus and some don’t ever express it. If kitty/cat gets ill the average treatment is 7-21 days and kittens and cats can re-express this latent illness again, especially with stress. (buyers initials)
(3). If the cat\ kitten is found within the first 72 hrs. to be medically deficient with an untreatable or life-threatening congenital problem, this must be reported to the Seller immediately. A signed statement from a licensed veterinarian as well as copies of any and all supporting diagnosis and/or documents is required to qualify for any exchange. If an untreatable or life-threatening problem is found, the Buyer has the choice to return the animal for a replacement with all returning and receiving of replacement fee's being paid by buyer. Upon its return, it will be replaced with a kitten/cat of equal value. If no replacement kitten/cat is available at the time of return, the Seller will have one year to furnish a comparable kitten/cat. Transportation and all veterinary costs are the responsibility of the Buyer. The Seller retains the right to have a second opinion of a Vet of their choice. If after reporting any adverse conditions, the Buyer may choose to keep the kitten/cat thereby assuming all financial responsibilities. This health guarantee applies only to actual medical conditions that are life-threatening and will not include any cosmetic conditions or conditions that are considered to be non life threatening to a feline/Sphynx. After the 72 hour health guarantee period the seller cannot be held accountable for future diagnosis of FeLV/FIV/FIP, any bacterial or viral infectious disease, parasites or fungus; due to the fact that these can be contracted anywhere in the environment after leaving the cattery and are not a result of genetics or breeding. The FIP guarantee will be void if said kitten is given the FIP vaccination. Buyer accepts all responsibility for protection of cat from said diseases, illnesses, parasites and fungi. ________ (buyer Initials)
(4) Adora Sphynx offers a guarantee/protection against Hereditary/Congenital HCM on the kitten's first 1 year of life. If, your kitten is diagnosed with HCM, an increased risk in all Sphynx/ bambino / elf’s, we will not refund you the cost of your cat/kitten but will replace your cat/kitten of similar type and quality when one is such available with buyer paying cost of delivery of replacement. HCM must be diagnosed with Ultrasound of approved veterinarian with a specialty is cardiology. A signed statement from a licensed veterinarian certified in cardiology as well as copies of any and all supporting diagnosis and/or documents is required to qualify for any exchange. If said untreatable problem is found, the Buyer has the choice to return the animal for a replacement with all returning and receiving of replacement fee's being paid by buyer. Upon its return, it will be replaced with a kitten/cat of equal value. If no replacement kitten/cat is available at the time of return, the Seller will have one year to furnish a comparable kitten/cat. Transportation of replacement and all veterinary costs are the responsibility of the Buyer. The Seller retains the right to have a second opinion by a veterinarian of their choice. If after reporting any adverse conditions, the Buyer may choose to keep the kitten/cat thereby assuming all financial responsibilities. This health guarantee applies only to actual medical conditions that are life threatening such as HCM and will not include any cosmetic conditions or conditions that are considered to be normal to the Sphynx.
(5) This kitten/cat is guaranteed against life threatening congenital defects for one year from the date on this contract. If the kitten should die within the guaranteed one year, the seller has the right to request an autopsy to be paid for by the buyer, be performed to determine cause of death.
(6) the buyer agrees to provide a safe, loving indoor only home that includes: high-quality cat/kitten food, a clean litter box, clean bowls, clean bedding and clean drinking water to the adopted animal(s). The buyer also agrees to standard and, if needed, emergency veterinary care of kitten/ cat for as long as it lives. If the buyer cannot maintain this environment for the cat/kitten they agreed to contact Adora Sphynx for help and surrender of the animal/ first right of refusal.
(7) Kittens will have their appropriate combination vaccinations for their age at the time of leaving the cattery. Kittens get booster shots every three weeks starting at age 6/8 weeks old. It is very important to follow up with your vet and stay on track with the vaccinations. If you do not stay reasonably on track with vaccinations, within a week to ten days, that voids the one-year congenital health guarantee.
(8) Under NO circumstances will this animal be declawed. Declawing an animal, for all intensive purposes, is amputation at the first knuckle. Doing this can interfere with the cats ability to or their ability to want to use the litter box, as it can cause pain in the litter box. If we find out that you have declawed the animal, it is breach of this contract and we will reclaim the animal at your return cost.
(9) Seller has the conditional right to reclaim kitten/cat without refund of purchase price for any breach of contract. Breach of this contract will have a penalty fee which is equal to the purchase price of the above kitten/cat. (unless breach is under sections 13-15, spay - neuter clauses, these breaches hold a stiffer fine, as noted) Under no circumstances will this cat/kitten be sold, leased or given away to any pet store. If for any reason you cannot retain ownership of said animal, breeder shall be given the first right of refusal.
(10) Any legal action which may arise under the terms of this contract will be brought in Gardner, Kansas, Johnson County, USA. Buyer shall be liable for any court costs and related charges including attorney fees associated with the seller enforcing the terms of this contract. In signing this document, Buyer acknowledges that he/she has read, understands and agrees to ALL of the terms and conditions stated above.
(11) Signatures and dates below indicate full agreement to ALL terms set forth in this contract. No other warranties or guarantees are provided other than those specifically outlined above. The above signed consider this document to be legally binding. Changes additions to this Contract must be initialed by all parties.
(12) Please note: No feline is completely hairless and the sphynx color can sometimes change due to climate, exposure, hormones, etc. This kitten is sold representing Its color at the time of contract. Eye color can change until up to 6 or7 months of age. This is understood as well as it is understood that the degree of hairlessness of the Sphynx cat varies from cat to cat and sometimes from season to season. No Sphynx is truly completely hairless. Some degree of hair is normal. Hormones and genetics play an important role in degree of hairlessness and even though a kitten may be almost hairless when it is sold, it is possible that the kitten could develop some hair after being neutered/spayed or, as it grows older. It is impossible to guarantee that any breeds categorized as a hairless kittens or cats will not grow hair at some point and time.
(13) I (the buyer initials) _________agree to have the kitten/ cat, that I purchased from Leta Rogers, and Adora Sphynx cattery spayed/neutered prior to leaving the cattery. For some reason the cat has to leave the cattery prior to spay or neuter , due to weight or age, I understand that I do NOT have the right to breed this kitten. I also understand that I will receive the pedigree papers when I provide proof that this kitten has been spayed/neutered. Any breech of this contract can result in the seller taking repossession of the cat. It is then your responsibility to get said kitten spayed/neutered. Even if you become unable to care for said kitten and need to re-turn him/ her to Adora Sphynx. You will be held liable on getting the proper documentation to The seller to prove that said kitten has been spayed/neutered. Your vets information is not acceptable as proof. I will NOT contact your vet in order to get this proof. You must provide it to me. A copy of the receipt with the pets name, dob, and breed on it works best for this. You can email it to me or even take a picture and text it to me. You do not have the right to sell or re home said kitten for any reason. Adora sphynx reserves the right to cancel this contract and refund your full deposit (minus PayPal fees) at anytime prior to the signed transfer of ownership and receipt of full payment if we determine this contract is not in the best interest of our cat(s)or kitten(s). If special circumstances arise that hinder your ability to care for your pet, please call me and we will work together to find the best solution for the cat/kitten. It is also stated above that if you are unable to care for said kitten then Adora Sphynx (Leta Rogers) will be notified and have the option on getting said kitten back.
(14) This cat or kitten is being sold as a pet or altered show pet only and not for breeding purposes. If seller does not have spay/neuter certificates in hand after 6 months of age, there is a fine of $3000 (this is a fine and still does not give buyer any breeding rights) and the contract will be turned over to our attorney and buyer agrees to pay all fees incurred by Leta Rogers and /or Adora Sphynx.
(15) I sincerely ask of you that if you are unable to care for said kitten for any reason please contact me and let me help. I will do all I can to find the pet safely back to our cattery or find the pets best options. I will work with you on this for a solution that is in the pets best interest. I will enforce this contract as the law will allow me to so. If the kitten/cat is sold to you as a show cat, we cannot guarantee their performance in the ring or how they will develop as they grow or even if they will tolerate it. Although some cats are show quality, not all cats enjoy that environment.
Thank you so much for your cooperation and choosing to love an Adora Sphynx baby️.